Step 6: Biometrics
- After payment and after the application has been submitted, the final step in the Working Holiday Canada application begins.
- Within 24 hours of submitting the application, an instruction letter for the biometrics will be sent to the account. This is the biometrics collection letter.
You have 30 days to give biometrics
- To put it another way: The processing time begins with the submission of the entire application documents. This means from the submission of the biometrics or with the submission of the last document, if one was requested after the biometrics.
- An example is if the police certificate did not arrive on time and you instead uploaded proof that you requested one. Processing begins with the submission of the received police certificate.
- Another example is actually more common than you think: Because there were gaps in the provided information, a travel history form is requested. This extra requirement and ‘pain in the ass’ form can also be requested weeks after the biometrics.
- Therefore, it is important to provide complete information on the work history, travel history or education history throughout the application.
- The processing of the application can take up to 8 weeks. At the beginning of the season (January/February) the processing time is shorter. From experience, it can only take 10-14 days until approval, but it is not a guarantee.
- This is your last chance to withdraw the application for the Working Holiday in order to get a refund of the fees.